Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Busy, Joyful, Peaceful, and Merry Christmas Season

It's officially Christmas break, as of last Friday. That means relaxing, being calm, having nothing to do... You know, just being home!



But, this year my break isn't like that at all.

It begun Friday when I came home and went straight to a retreat on Waiting on God's Best at Steph's house.

It was incredible! I had Sunday and today (Monday) to lay low and unpack from school and repack for New York and Florida. I am leaving tomorrow to go to NYC until Saturday, when I will return and go straight from the airport to Florida. I will be home on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, and then will go to Auburn to visit my grandmother there. I'll be home the 28th, having a New Years celebration, and then going to the Passion conference January 2nd-5th. I will hopefully be home to relax for a while, then celebrate my 21st birthday on the 11th, and classes will begin the 13th.

So pretty much I will have 12 days at home during my 33 day break. This will be interesting. Will I get any rest? Possibly. Will I have fun? Definitely.

I'm leaving early in the morning for the NYC. Don't worry--I'll post again to let you know how it's going.


Let me tell you about the conference this past weekend. It was just so good that I want to share with you a few points that I learned in general.

1. If God gave his only Son to die for us, will he not give us blessings here on Earth, too? There will be hard times, everything won't be easy, but He does want to bless us. He loves when we have good times. But he also wants us to grow and learn to depend on Him.

2. Is it worth it? Is it worth suffering? Is it worth the emotions? Confusion? Sacrifice? YES, Jesus Christ is worth it! He is so worth every little thing I could suffer through because He suffered sooo much more than I ever will and He loves me so much.

3. Straight from Steph: Don't you dare follow your hearts, girls. Follow God's Word. Our hearts can get us in BIG trouble. "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked. Who can know it?" Jeremiah 17:9

4. Jesus Christ has the power to, at the perfect time, cause the wind and waves of our lives to be still. These seasons of life are so precious as God teaches us and gives us so many riches during the storms. It is so hard but we need not take these opportunities for granted and ask God to use them to produce lasting fruit. We have to be more concerned with God's glory than our relief.


These are amazing truths that I had the opportunity to learn and experience this past weekend. I learned a lot of other things, but I will save those for a later date.

For now, I'm off to finish packing! Any suggestions for New York?