Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

DO you know me?

Lynette Kraft at Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground wrote a post and challenged us to write ten interesting facts about ourselves and link it back to her. You can read mine and if you want, you can check out other people's interesting facts back on her blog!

1. I have moved all of my stuff 6 times, going on 7, in the past 2 years and I'm still not good at it at all. I moved my room from upstairs to downstairs, then back upstairs a year later. And I've moved to college, back home for the summer, back to a new apartment at school, back again for the summer, and now I'm packing back up for my new apartment.



2. I think I like making curtains. I know I love making pillows. These are my current curtains that I'm working on. I've done three panels, have one to go. And yes, they have lining. This is a huge milestone for me, it's like almost professional except the crooked hems.



3. I make up my bed perfectly every morning right when I get out of bed as I'm half asleep. I'm not sure why I do that, it's just habit now and it makes it so much easier not to worry about it later and I can't get back into bed after I get up.



4. In middle school, I was macho. I was huge compared to everyone else and I beat boys in arm wrestling. This is not a joke.


5. I will have 7 cousins, plus my sister with me at college this year. It's going to be so fun!

6. I haven't bought a dress for a formal or the Cotton ball since I've been in college. I'm all about the borrowing.

7. Monogramming is my favorite decoration.

8. I started driving four-wheelers when I was 5. That sounds so redneck. I think my dad just really wanted some sons and didn't get any, so that wasn't going to stop him from buying us four-wheelers, along with dirt bikes, guns, and knives.

9. My dad owns a hardware store where I used to work in high school sometimes, like only one day a week. But I got fired. By my own dad. I didn't know anything about the hardware and I dreaded going to work. My dad fired me in a nice way though. He said, "You can either keep working and I will quit paying for any of your stuff or gas or clothes, or if you quit, I'll just give you money." .... I must have been really bad.

10. I have been going to Fripp Island for 20 years. (That's my whole life, but it just sounds so long to say 20 years. I really can't believe I'm that old.) Fripp Island has to be one of my favorite places on earth. It's the perfect size, the perfect vacation feel, and has the perfect people (my whole family is there when I go). These are the girl cousins at Fripp around my age, except Elle.