Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Heaven: Maybe not as Bad as I Thought?

Well Dad, this is for you!

I have had one of those weeks. It's been up and down and all around. Not bad!

I have had some conversations with Nat, Erin (my small group leader) and Val this week that have been awesome and I want to tell you a little about them.

They have been about heaven. You know, honestly a lot of times I think that I really don't want to go to heaven. I'd rather sit down here on earth, have a cute family, and be successful down here. But what happens if I don't have a cute family? What happens when I get confused about my purpose? When I lose sight of Christ for a brief moment and end up way off track and in misery?

Maybe what I've been hoping for, this picture perfect life on earth, well maybe that's just all wrong. Maybe I should have my hope in heaven... Stop thinking about the success I want in this world. And start thinking about how wonderfully magical and magnificent heaven will be! Think about how exciting it will be to see my Savior's face who loves me.

Maybe thinking about heaven and being with my Creator will drive me to joyfulness. Joyfulness because He loves me. Joyfulness because I will be in a perfect place some day.

This perfect place isn't a place where I'm going to be bored singing hymns all day long. This place, I believe, will have everything I could ever desire. There will be no sorrow, no death, no pain. I can't even imagine that. And I think that's where the problem comes in. I can't imagine how glorious heaven will be. But talking about it has made me excited!

For me, putting things that I like and imagining those in heaven make it better. I think (but I certainly haven't seen this in the Bible) there will be trade and commerce in Heaven. I think it's going to be a lot like this earth, except for no pain. We might even have families, husbands, kids. We'll know our Christian friends who are on Earth when we're in Heaven.

And we will get to have our quiet time, but with Jesus sitting right there! Alone time with Jesus face-to-face!

How awesome will that be, y'all? Am I the only one who thinks that maybe heaven won't be as bad as I thought (as terrible as it is that I thought that)?

"He'll wipe every tear from their eyes. Death is gone for good—tears gone, crying gone, pain gone—all the first order of things gone." Revelation 21:4

I can't even imagine the freedom in a life with no tears, crying, pain, death. Not only will heaven be exempt of those things, there will be things there that are entertaining, things that make me laugh, things that make me smile.

Get excited, folks! It's going to be awesome.