Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Now, Where does Phil Live???


I don't know where the heck Phil was yesterday, but it sure wasn't Tennessee.

We had a rainy Groundhog Day, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see even a peep of the sun all day. And I definitely didn't see a shadow!

Oh, but Phil the groundhog-- well, since he's so official, and he saw his shadow, and that means 6 more weeks of winter. This was ever so upsetting to me yesterday.

Then it dawned on me that in all actuality, Phil is just a groundhog and a shadow really means nothing. Why would I trust this groundhog? Well, he can text, tweet and get on facebook, but still, he's a groundhog. Groundhogs aren't the most reputable animal; I'm not sure that I've ever heard anyone mention a groundhog without mentioning Groundhog's Day. So why entrust our hopes and desires of an early Spring in this one fat, virtually unknown animal? Beats me!

So don't be discouraged! There is still hope beyond Phil, because he's just a groundhog!