Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Catchin' Up!

It's Summertime!

I have a short time at home and it makes me sad. I came home late Tuesday night because packing took me FOREVER. I had envisioned waking up at 9, packing by the early afternoon. After all, I'd already taken home all of my winter clothes and all I had to do was pack up my room and put it in Geo's apartment or into a corner of our apartment to store for a week.

Not so much.

I did wake up at 9 and started packing things up. That part worked out. But... I ended up with the laundry room full of kitchen stuff, cleaning stuff, and laundry supplies, and an entire corner of my living room filled with bedroom stuff, Geo's closet half full with my clothes, and his bookshelf filled with my books, and  Geoffrey ended up with 7 bags of trash to take to the dumpster.

I packed all day straight, besides a trip to copy keys and grab a few things that I needed. I got popcorn for lunch, and I ate a frozen thing at 3 that I was about to clean out of our freezer, and then Geo brought me pizza for dinner. Finally at 9:09 pm, I pulled out of QT for the last time. Well, for the last time living there. I'll be back to get my stuff.

I should probably introduce Geo since I mentioned him so many times. We hang out sometimes all the time at school because he's my next door neighbor and he's pretty awesome. We've been hanging out all semester actually. He's really fun. We do some fun things together, like go to the awesome Knoxville Nature Center, Ijams, on hikes, and to dinner at the Mexican place that I still can't remember the name, and to Pigeon Forge to the outlets to find him clothes for events that I don't even get to go to, and he came with me to my formal on a boat. He convinced me to eat Hardee's on Easter because it was the only place open, and it wasn't as bad as I'd expected.


We will no longer be next door neighbors, but I have a feeling we will still see each other. He will be in Nashville this summer working at his church's high school youth group, and I'll be in Knoxville working with the middle school youth group. I'll probably see him every now and then. I'm planning on making a  trip or two to Nashville and maybe he'll visit me a few times.

This is the new house that I'm moving into....

well, maybe not. I can't find a picture of it. But, as soon as I move in, I'll take you a picture!

I guess that's it for today. I'm off to eat my hummus, feta, turkey and spinach sandwich, then shopping with the madre and dinner with Granddaddy and Wanda. They are so cute.

No comments: