Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Yellow House

I got my first afternoon free today in a while, and it has been so great.

I have been so busy working and hanging out. I was at a retreat with the other interns last week during the week, then went right to El's bachelorette party all weekend but left early to be at middle school Sunday school on Sunday. My mom came in town that afternoon to move me into my house and left that night and Nat came and moved her stuff in. So I've slowing begun getting everything organized each day after work, and today was the first day that I've had time to just come home.

Yesterday I had an hour between work and dinner with the other interns, and I hung a picture, a cross, the curtain rod in my bedroom, and a bulletin board. I've just learned to get things done fast! I even did it without a power drill. I've got the nail-first-and-then-screw system down now that my drill doesn't work.

Anyways, so now that my house isn't a disaster, I have given myself a break for a few hours before I begin again, and it's been awesome. I've been sitting on my porch right here....


(Sorry, these pictures was taken via my computer camera because I was giving myself a break and didn't want to go dig through my stuff to find the camera cord.)

I think that this swing is my new favorite place to be. I have spent all my sit down time here when I've had the chance.

This is my new house....


It's called "The Yellow House"
(not very original, I know)


It's really cute and I'm working on the inside and I'll show some pictures later. I really want to put some flowers in the yard but I don't really want to buy all the gardening tools, so I may just stick with hanging baskets for now. Anyways, that's it. I think I'm going to go finish my Revol verses so that I can get a head start for next week. 

No comments: