Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

6 things going on in my life

I have 6 things to share with you today about my life as of April 11, 2011.

1. Things like this beautiful bush in my front yard are killing me.


My throat has been itching like crazy and I want to scratch it so badly.
I daydream about water bottles filled with small shards of glass in the water so that it will scratch my throat on the way down. If I actually tried that, the daydreams might turn to nightmares, but as of now, it's sounding pretty darn good.

2. I skinned my knee like a first grader. I tripped over something in Geoffrey's room... and boom! I was on the floor. I took this picture in my last class. The people behind me probably thought I was a freak. They probably think I'm a freak right now (in my current class) since I'm posting this.



Who knew carpet could do that?

3. Along the lines of gross pictures, this is also just about the one year anniversary of my sprained ankle from roller skating. 


That bulge-like thing hurt!
I'm happy to report though, that it no longer hurts. 

 4. I also want to congratulate Geoffrey for his first speeding ticket.


Welcome to the club!
It's about time he had one. 
21 and never pulled over... That's unheard of where I come from.

As I blogged in January: 

"I want to document the fact that I am the only person in my family that did not get pulled over or get a ticket in the year 2010.  Mom and Mary both got speeding tickets on trips to Florida, Dad got pulled over with no ticket but he also got a camera ticket for speeding, and Laura got pulled over but no ticket.  I better knock on wood."

Again, I better knock on wood.

5.  Mary just texted me and told me that our neighbor's house got broken into today while they were at work. I'm so thankful that it was not our house. I would probably be moving out. But she said that one car was at their house and they left one door unlocked. SO that means that we have to be extra special careful to lock our doors even when we're here during the day... Because if a car is here and we are here, they could still come in. Yikes!  And I guess we also should not answer the door if someone knocks? It's scary! I've been very sheltered as far as break-ins go, and I just can't believe someone would break into a house with a car home. And, someone was probably at our house and the houses next door since a lot of them are business.  We have business people who walk down our road all the time on breaks, so it's strange that a criminal would want to break in around here. Anyways, to say the least, I'm now nervous to be home alone, even in the daytime! I'm a scaredy cat. I'm sure you knew that already.

6. I have a lot going on this week. 2 projects, an exam, 2 papers, and then for Monday--2 presentations, 3 papers, and an exam (all on one day). So I'm working hard this week, or at least I'm acting like it! 

No comments: