Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Blessed Beyond Measure

I am so excited! Why, you ask?

There's not much to be excited about, is there?

Well.......... Yes, there is! I feel like I'm receiving more blessings right now than I deserve! But really, that's how every blessing is, I don't deserve any of them. But nonetheless, I feel incredibly blessed by so many things right now.

We only have had the most incredible weather for over  a week now. And I don't just mean Spring weather, I'm talking flip-flops and tank-tops weather! It makes me happy just walking out my front (and only) door.

And I've had no real homework for an entire week now, no big deal. I'm not in the least bit stressed about school, and it's an awesome feeling.

And better yet, I found out yesterday that I got an internship I applied for, for this summer. I am really excited about it. I will be working at a church in Knoxville and focusing on middle school ministry at the church. But to add to it, we will be having an intense bible study each week along with scripture memorization and another specific ministry in the community that we will focus on. There are 4 other girls and 2 or 3 guys who will be doing it too. So I'm just excited to get to know them, the middle schoolers, the leaders in the church, and Jesus Christ better this summer.

I started So Long, Insecurities, by Beth Moore, yesterday and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. I am going to hear her speak about it at the end of the month, so I thought I'd read it to know what she's talking about. So many of the issues are so personal and so common, but are never dealt with. I think that the book is going to be a true blessing in my life.

Lastly, I got to home last weekend for Easter, and it made me happy. I had the chance to spend lots of time with my grandfather and his girlfriend, as my parents weren't home and Mars and I were desperate for food. They were so cute and so happy, and it was just really fun to see him more lively!

It's so fun to be able to see my blessings so vividly. I know that I am always blessed, even with my relationship with Christ alone, but it's also amazing to see that God cares to bless me sometimes with things that are so visible. It's awesome to remember these times when there are times that I'm not feeling so blessed. When I look back, I'll see that there are times that are visibly good and then times that I can't really tell what's so good about it, and both of those times are good!  But, it is always a blessing to be able to have these memories of times where I can see clearly His blessings.

1 comment:

carissa said...

can't wait to hear about the book... i'm sure it will be amazing - beth is always fantastic! congrats on the internship!