Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Lots has happened

Nashville last weekend was so much fun. We went by the lake first to Aunt ML's house there. The weather was lovely and the trip was a success.

Granddaddy had so much fun. The entire time I was wishing I had my camera or a video thing because he was standing up on the boat the entire time with his Tennessee hat on backwards, one black and one tan sock, and yelling "Woo Wee" every few minutes.

Alli looked beautiful at her wedding. And we had fun!


The food was excellent.

The best part was that I got to drive Nanny's van, Sierra the Sienna, which was rockin'. She drives ever so nicely. You step on the pedal and she will MOVE. She also whips around curves and into parking spots with ease.



We left Nashville and headed to Florida. We had to switch out cars at home on the way so we couldn't drive Sierra the whole way down. But we had fun. We saw this crazy woman on the way down at a gas station.


Once we got to Florida, we opened the car windows and let our hair down. Mars' hair actually went out.


And then came Florida. The long days of gorgeous lake skies, hammering my fingers while fixing up the house, and attempting to nap with stinging sun burns.
I am being so sweet picturewise to Mars in this post.

The door that makes me want to scream every time I go through it because the rain made it bigger and it never wants to open.

Madre and Tatia figuring out how the moon is out during the light and why exactly it is shaped the way it is.


And lastly, my favorite, the lake views. Below is the view from the front porch that I sit on non-stop.


What a beautiful creation I have had the chance to experience this week. God is perfect in His timing and allowing me to see this right now.

I have been blessed this week with the landscapes, as well as with these books that I've read. I read one this week about Joni Eareckson Tada, who is the woman who was in a diving accident when she was 17 and paralyzed from the neck down. She had such terrible circumstances one would think, yet she finds joy in living. She can say that even through the bad times, God has had a perfect plan for her life. She rejoices in His plans each day, and she writes about this in her book. I would definitely recommend it.

I also read this book and just finished it. It's by Tracie Peterson, titled A Lady of High Regard. It was not quite as insightful, but nonetheless a great read. I couldn't put it down for the past two days while reading it.

Hope you all are having a great week. I will be heading back home soon so hopefully can post more when I have internet connection more often and will surely have some more Granddaddy stories.

No comments: