Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weddings, Skies, and Vacations

I have been vacationing for 10 days--at Rosson's lake in Alabama and then to Fripp Island-- and I just arrived in Florida to stay for about a week. Actually, to say I've been vacationing for only 10 days would be a lie because I have been vacationing all summer long. It's been an awesome summer. I probably should have gotten bored at some point but I really haven't experienced one moment of boredom.

Now the problem will be getting back to school and trying to get into the routine of actually doing something that requires thought.

I do have a to-do list to work on in Florida before I go to school. That's pretty impressive, right? Getting things done while on vacation. Here it is: 1. Go to Ikea to get a pillow insert. 2. Find pillows for the living room. 3. Don't get anymore sun or else I'll be a raisin by the time I'm 30.

Rough life, I know. SOO much to do and so little time. I have to go back to school August 9th, exactly 2 weeks from now.

But for now I will enjoy Florida and day dream about Fripp Island for the next month or so. I'm going to miss Fripp. We're already talking about what we're going to do next year. We're going to have the first annual Willingham Scavenger Hunt with all 70 family members. Corny, I know. We'll probably only have like 30 people participate because the rest of the family will think it's stupid. But, this is going to be one rockin' scavenger hunt at any rate.

Anyways, the family-- my rather large, yet very close, family-- was talking a lot at Fripp and pointed out that we have recently started a trend. My oldest cousin got married last summer. The next oldest got married this summer, and it looks like the 3rd oldest will be next year. And guess who's the 4th oldest? Yes, that's me. So it looks like my wedding is scheduled for 2011. Problem is-- no boyfriend at all. I guess I still got a good 2 and a half years. But still, the pressure's on!

Please let me know if you know any males interested in getting married in 2011.

That would be ever so helpful. It wouldn't be a big deal, but I would hate to be the one to break tradition because I'm a rather traditional person.

Side note: I have recently decided, while on vacations, that skies are my favorite thing to look at. I like them cloudy, stormy, sunny, blue, black, pink, starry, or sunsetty. I'm not sure that other people think skies are as amazing as I do. I went to the sunset every night this week at the beach and as I am driving, I can't finish writing this post because I can't stop looking at the sky. Even if the sky is solid blue, I think that's gorgeous. Or the fluffy clouds, those are awesome too.


This was at the Florida house on the lake.


And this one, well it is somewhere on I-95 in Florida between Jacksonville and Daytona Beach. I just sat my computer on the dashboard and took it with my computer camera a few minutes ago. I know the quality isn't great, but you get the picture, right? This is like real-time Mel's life.

To wrap it up, please don't forget about the wedding in 2011. Let me know if you have any ideas. And also next time you look at the sky, please take a picture for me. I'll love it no matter what it looks like.