Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Still miss her

March 29, 2011 will mark two years since my sweet grandmother died.
This time of the year seems to bring back memories of her... Memories of her Spring garden, memories of her on her death bed, memories of her love for Spring, memories of her funeral.
 I have a mix of emotions... The happiness of Spring plus the sadness of her passing.  

I still miss Nanny a lot. I guess I always will.
I was lucky to get to live right next door to her and learn so much from her.
She was such a blessing in my life, and I'm so glad I got to know her for 20 years.
I just wish I'd gotten to know her for 40 years instead.





Mary, Grandaddy, Nanny, Me, Emily and Baby Bryan before prom in 2006.


Nanny sure did keep Granddaddy in shape. He looks so skinny here!


Psalm 115:16 "Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His saints."

No comments: