Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

For the Love of Coffee Grounds

Before 10 AM this morning, this is what I faced. I woke up, came to Gdad's and this was all over the garage. I told Mars to take the trash out yesterday and that was a mistake... She must have just left it on the ground instead of put it in the container. And with about 40 dogs around here, that presents a problem:

IMG_3057.JPG

IMG_3058.JPG

Thank goodness I found these so that I could pick up the 5 day old molded corn on the cob. I gagged 3 times and really thought I was going to throw up because of the smell. I can't figure out what exactly was so bad, but it was this one area, and OH MY WORD, it was hellacious.

After a long time of cleaning, I ended up with this. You can't see the coffee grounds still scattered over the ground. Maybe Gdad won't be able to see them either!

IMG_3060.JPG

So I come back upstairs to make some coffee and get out the coffee filter from yesterday and drop it. I've already cleaned up about 5 different coffee filters and grounds. So this will make the 6th, but the difference is that these grounds are wet and in the kitchen.

IMG_3055.JPG

But actually, with all of this, I'm just laughing. I think that's really all I can do. Along with pray that when I go to the grocery in a little while that they don't have one of those center stacked things with a tower of coffee grounds in glass bottles. Because if they do, I will most definitely accidently hit the tower with my buggy while being too concentrated on which flavor of Coffee-Mate creamer to buy... because that is usually the most important decision I make at the grocery store: amaretto or belgian chocolate?

But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.
Psalm 71:14

No comments: