Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy Things

I have to tell you about something that makes me happy.

I'm making it into a game--you can guess what these things are.

They are everywhere I look in Knoxville; therefore, I've been quite happy lately.

They remind me of home, of my grandmother, of my childhood.

They are beautiful: yellow and green, sometimes big, sometimes small.

I think heaven just might smell like them.

They were sold at Kroger this year for $3, and sadly I didn't have enough money with me.

I almost got some when I was home last weekend, but it was rainy and I forgot.

I would really like to display some in my kitchen, but I feel like I'm stealing if I get any.

I look forward to them each year around the beginning of Springtime.



What do you think they are?













Daffodils!!!


(And of course I wanted this picture to be this large. I completely know how to make it smaller because I'm so computer savvy, but I wanted it so huge so that you'd be able to get the whole giant daffodil effect--you do know we have giant daffodils, kinda like trees, here in Knoxville, right?)