Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

One of My Favorite Things

Just real quick, I thought I'd tell you about one of my favorite things in the world.

It's really not anything that special for most people.

But it makes me really excited.

Some people wouldn't even think about this being a good thing.

They would consider it just another part of life.

But it makes me feel free...

And relieved...

And accomplished...

And like I can do anything I want to.

I did this tonight on my way home.

I usually do it about every other week, sometimes less.

It costs a pretty good amount of money.

But it's totally worth it.

And it's a necessity.

What would you guess that it is?





Getting a full tank of gas.


It's simple and just another part of life.
Nothing really that special.

But, when I look on my dashboard and it tells me that I have 425 miles until empty, 
I feel like I could go anywhere I want to.
425 miles is a long way.

I feel like I have accomplished something.
I can check something off of my list of things to do.

I feel like a burden is lifted off of my shoulders.
I always dread getting gas.
I usually drive a few days with the fuel light on.
Every time I pass a gas station, I think, 
well it's rush hour...
or,  I am in a rush right now...
or, that gas station is dark and sketchy...
or, maybe I'll get bored and come back later...
or, maybe it will warm up and I'll want to get out...
or, I can't ever figure out how to turn that place's gas pump on...
or, that place has diesel so I better not go there to chance getting it mixed up...

I allow my dashboard to tell me that there are only 3 miles until empty.
And then, I finally go get gas.

This process makes the feeling of a full tank of gas even better.
After driving on empty for 3 days, the worry of running out of gas is lifted from my burdens...
And I am free of one of my worries.

I got gas tonight.
My worries are gone!

Next time you get gas, hope you appreciate the full tank too!

No comments: