Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

How to Stop a Left Eye Twitch

I've had a constant heartbeat in my eyelid for three days now. It feels like my left eye is constantly blinking; it's hindering my vision, as a matter of fact. Mars, my sis, told me that she is worried that my heart is moving up to my eye lid. This could be serious, and that's why I'm blogging about it.

I have heard that this is also known as a twitch, but it wouldn't be nearly as riveting to just tell you that my eye is twitching. Plus, that's just one of those words--I don't think that is very pretty and I just don't like it.

Anyways, upon developing this extra heartbeat, I decided in my mind that this was caused by my not eating any meat in a week (not by choice, but by the choice of my college student budget). So, Friday night I ate plenty of red meat at Mimi's to get rid of the twitch, but we all know that my expertise is not in health, and my bright idea was without results.

Saturday night, I finally searched on google: How to Stop an Eye Twitch.

And the results?

Causes of eye twitching: lack of sleep, stress, fatigue, prolonged staring at a computer screen (you better watch out!), too much caffeine intake. ...So pretty much, my life is a cause of eye twitching... No wonder!

So, the solution:

Get rest. Relax. Don't stress. No caffeine. Take plenty of breaks from the computer.

.....Nearly impossible for a college student in the midst of 2 weeks of exams.

But, I do have a praise here, and it's a pretty good one!

The twitch is in my left eye, which I can barely see out of anyways. I don't even use that eye because I always forget my glasses. So, really, it worked out quite well for me.

So, to add to my list of things to praise God for: a twitch in my left eye.