Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

What a morning!

Woke up this Sunday morning, got ready for church, and packed up my clothes so that I could head home after church for a few nights. Gavin had a friend over and so I started talking. Next thing I knew it was 11:10 and church had started at 11:00. I knew it would take me 20 minutes to get to church, and it was raining. I decided to go ahead and leave, just be a little (30 minutes) late. I lugged my overnight bag, backpack, lunch box, and purse all out the door and headed to the car until I realized that there was a steady drizzle and that I'd forgotten my umbrella so I came back.

And I decided it wasn't worth going to hear half of the message, that I probably wouldn't understand it. So here I sit, in my church clothes, listening to Christian praise music over the noise of the dishwasher, with my packed bags surrounding me on the floor. What a morning!

I'm so looking forward to home. I'm not going to lie, home is my favorite place ever.

Never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly
This isn't goodbye
My love will follow you stay with you
Baby you're never alone
-Lady Antebellum and Jim Brickman