Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Current Project


My bathroom was this gross really bright pinkish-peach color. I didn't think it was that bad when I first saw it, but after using it for a couple of months, I hated it. It was so bright that my face looked pink in the mirror. The pink reflected out into the hall. It was everywhere, and it had to go away. I didn't have enough money to buy paint though. It was $30, and I couldn't spare that much at the time. 

So, I went home and I asked Daddy Bear to get me some paint from his hardware store. I didn't care what color, I just wanted it to be light. 

I got a very light blue color, and I went to work when I got back to my house. I've done two coats in two weeks.

All I have left is the trim. And I just have one reason for that. To store a paint brush that has been used with Latex paint, I remember Mother Dear telling me to wrap it in saran wrap and then freeze it. 

Apparently she didn't really tell me to freeze it, because I got it out of the freezer a week later and it's definitely frozen. I was thinking that latex paint was like alcohol or something and that it didn't freeze when in the freezer. 

Anyways, that's false. I was dumb. Do not freeze your paint brushes if you want them to stay usable. Your choices are to wrap them in saran and leave them out or to wash them out in the sink with water. 

Now, I need to go buy a new paint brush to finish the bathroom. But really, even without I like the way it is now so much better. I wish I'd taken a before picture. This is what it looks like now, until I invest in an unfrozen brush. 


It makes me feel so much better... It's now very calming and plain and CLEAN. No gross streaks on the walls anymore. I cleaned it so many times before this, and it never felt clean. Though the shower still feels dirty and the sink has dark spots in it that won't go away, I know the walls are clean, so that's a start. 

I'll take what I can get! Our house is a work in progress, but I don't mind. At least we have a house! 


No comments: