Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Please Come Back Soon!

Monday, September 20th, 89 degrees
Monday, September 27th, 65 degrees
Monday, October 4th, 51 degrees

I'm not very fond of this trend. I'm not big on winter, and today was way too close to winter for me.

2 weeks ago, it was 38 degrees warmer.

2 days ago, it was (75-51=24) 24 degrees warmer.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I do know that it's chilly, and even chillier inside my house. For some reason, at home and in my Knoxville house, it's always colder in the house than outside. And, I'm always too cheap to turn the heat on. I'm slowly learning that body heat will not heat up my living room.

As of yesterday, I now come home and change into furry socks, long sweatpants, a sweatshirt layered over a full set of long johns, a hat, gloves, and a scarf. Okay, well maybe not the last four things yet.... But  at the rate it's going, that's what I'll be wearing next week when it's 30 degrees outside. 

As my roomie Nat just said, "This winter will not be the winter that we start wearing normal clothes." We have discussed trying to wear normal (not nike shorts and tshirts) clothes more often so that it won't be such a shock next year.... That's not happening. Our house is going to be way too cold.

If I took a picture of myself sitting in my house right now, my nose would be bright red... It's really attractive. I won't share.



Sidenote: I learned how to turn our house alarm on today. (We never even knew we had a working alarm until today. After being scared out of my mind all summer, the house actually had an alarm that would have helped calm my fears and nightmares.) I'm hoping that I won't have any blog worthy stories about it though. Tonight will be our first time to ever use it, and we're hoping for no police at our house tonight (unlike 3 nights ago). 

No comments: