Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pray, pray, pray

For the Carpenter family.

They are a family who lives in my neighborhood at home and goes to our church. They were missionaries until their father died. When they came back here, my grandmother and their mother were good friends.

In May, Marie Carpenter, a sweet girl who we grew up with, Mary's age, fell off of a cliff on the mountain. It was at a place that I go all the time when I'm home.

She was at that overlook because she had just found out that her baby niece had died two hours earlier. That family lost two young people in one day.

Today, their son Winship, who is a year older than me, died in the same place that Marie did.

Three young people gone in a half of a year for that family.

I can't imagine how they feel. I can't fathom the fact that God could be big enough to heal the wounds of that family. I don't know why God would allow such a thing to happen to this amazing family.

This I know: Our God is a healer, a provider, THE creator of each and every person; He has a purpose with each life that He made; He sees our pain; He is Sovereign; and He is the Most High God. He is the Lover of our souls. He is with us through the good and the bad. He is the Lord.

The more prayers for this precious family, the better.

No comments: