Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Guess What I'm Thankful For

It's Thankful Day Five!

See if you can guess what I'm thankful for on this 5th day of November...


The simple things in life make me happy, really. This item is quite a small thing, I would say no bigger than a foot tall but really skinny, it's soft and colorful, and it is flimsy.

When I go home and find that my mom has a new one, I have to spend time with it until I have thoroughly examined it, and this can take about an hour or more. Even after this, I have been known to go back through and look at them over and over because I think they are just so interesting. I have hung out with this while on my sofa, at the kitchen table, by the pool, in the car, and at Wal-Mart. I have even shared it with Merd or Mars as we sit on the sofa staring at it side-by-side.

When I am finished squandering my time with this item, I come away with tons of new ideas. I am a more creative cook, a resourceful decorator, a , and pretty much a better person all around, that is, until I forget my newfound knowledge a few hours later.



Just the site of this makes me happy.



What do you think it is?








The Real Simple Magazine

Yes, it's my favorite! Like I said, it's the things in life that are simple, really. And, I'm thankful for those little things.